Thursday, March 15, 2007

My first blog that's not a "comment"

I love the age we live in but sometimes I can't stand all the crap that's involved with it.
Ever notice when the page you're tryin' to navigate isn't in agreement with you and won't
do what you have COMMANDED it to do, the fingers start hitting the keyboard harder and
harder? Seems that's how the programmers want it, cause after awhile a key might stickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Drives me nutz. I'm sure they giggle at it.

On a brighter note...looking foreward to Zamora Sunday. Hopefully not as windy as last year.
At least it'll be warmer by about 20 or so degrees. My goal ( seeing as I'm in the 55+ group
this year) is to finish, and if possible, with somebody behind me. Tis really a drag living in snow
and cold and being a Cat5 and being old and trying to be competitive in a ridiculously hard sport
and knowing I will probably NEVER be much faster than I am at this point in my life, even with
mass amounts of training, which has been unavailable this year due to work, and also knowing I will probably get dropped on the first climb, if not before, and driving 150+ miles one way in order to do so. BUT...all I can think about is racing! I LOVE IT!! and I will still try to get faster
and train and ride and race and remember that if I hadn't stopped smoking, I wouldn't even be at the level of fitness I'm at now.

Note to myself: The spare tire went away last year and it shall again this year. It's only March,
afterall.

The good news is my boy, Micah is blazing fast, won Nevada City last year, is on a smokin' good
team and will be a Cat 2 way before his 18th birthday, Lord willing. So I shall rejoice in his
abillities knowing that some of them actually came from me and spend alot of time in the feed
zone with other dads and coaches enjoying the day. I look foreward to it.


So much for my first post on this site...

No comments: