Friday, November 2, 2007

The Jazz Musician

So this jazz sax player comes back to New York from L.A. for a short vacation and runs into an
old buddy.
JSP: Yo, 'sup?
OB: Not much, you?
JSP: Oh man, I've been in L.A. for the last couple of years.
OB: Oh yeah? I hadn't heard about that.
JSP: Yeah, and shortly after I moved there I got a gig playing for Sting on his world-wide tour!
OB: Wow! I hadn't heard about that.
JSP: Yeah, and after that I got a call to record on Barbara Streisand's new CD.
OB: No kidding, I hadn't heard about that.
JSP:And if that weren't enough, I landed some studio gigs and have been heard on several TV shows and three movies in the last year!
OB: Amazing! I hadn't heard about that.
JSP: Yeah, man. But then I came back to New York for a short vacation and, not wanting to let
my chops go to waste, I took this stupid wedding gig and must have had a bad reed or something 'cause my playing really sucked!
OB: Yeah, I heard about that!

No comments: