Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Times and Trials

Does it ever stop? I mean, it ain't even got Campy on it but it acts like it does. How do you tell
it there's a difference? It's probabbly pissed that I put the Jap stuff on it. "I'll show you".

Actually, it's not the componets that made me DNF in last night's Fabulous Cold Springs
Time Trial. No, not this time. Save that for another day. No, this time it was the rear wheel.
Gotta love those old Spinergy Rev X's. I do. Did. Never imagined one could explode .

Heard a "pop" and thought I had flatted. No such luck. "Ok, you've only given up maybe 30
seconds, you can get back in." Yeah, right. "What's that bump-de bump-de bump? Has
the rear gone out of true? How the heck can a friggin' carbon wheel go out of true?"

Stop~n~check...nothing. Over and over this goes on for the 1st lap of a 7 mile circut. Finally
I just sat up and chilled back to the van to find the carbon had separated from the braking
surface. Ya'll think spinergy will give me any advice? I didn't think so, either.

so now I has to use something else for Sattley, but the good news is the TT helmet arrived
today so maybe I still have half a chance.

Stay tuned.

No comments: